Mardi Gras Celebration, Feb 27-28
27 February 2017
Enjoy our huge Mardi Gras Celebration, only at Cypress Cove!
This is one of our biggest parties of the year, and it's run entirely by members.
As in past years, we will have our Lamp-Post Decorating Contest on Monday, and the Mask-er-Ade Coronation Ball and Dinner that evening after Happy Hour on the deck.
Tuesday will bring Body-Painting, the Royal Mardi Gras Creole Breakfast, the Fat Tuesday Parade, the Drag Queen Contest and our Mardi Pool Pardi with Mega Drawings!
Time to start planning your float for the Fat Tuesday Parade!
On Monday, 2/27:
- Adopt-A-Lamp Post Contest: All clubs/activities and individuals are encouraged to pick a lamp post on the Parade Route and decorate it. Judging at 3 PM. For details see Bonnie at Lot 6, 4432 Blue Sky Lane.
- Happy Hour on the Deck: 5 - 6:30 PM at Lakeside
- Mask-r-Ade / Coronation Ball: 5:30 - 11 PM. Please Wear a mask! Please note change in dinner format! Dinner will have 3 seatings, 5:30, 6:00 and 6:30 PM. Choose from 4 entrees when you make your reservation: 8oz. Filet Mignon $22.00, Shrimp Creole $18.00, Chicken with honey bourbon glaze $16.00 or Vegetable Stir Fry New 'Orleans $14.00. Entrees include two sides: vegetables, potatoes, or rice. Coffee & Dessert selections included could be Bananas Foster Bread Pudding, Pecan Pie, or Peach Cobbler. Tip & tax are excluded. If desired, add $3.00 for Lobster Bisque or Gumbo as an appetizer. To facilitate the reservation process please provide names of all the guests at your table so that we do not duplicate reservations. Call Lakeside right away as it will fill quickly!
- Music by our favorite group, Taste of Love, 7 - 11 PM
- Coronation of our new King and Queen at 8 PM
On Fat Tuesday, 2/28:
- Royal Mardi Gras Creole Breakfast: 7:30 - 11 AM at Lakeside
- "Buddy" Body Painting: Grab a buddy and bring him/her to our Buddy Body Painting Contest, 10 AM to Noon near the Pickleball Court or Terrace if rainy. Winners to be announced at the Pool Pardi. Win a prize and show off that nice painted hide!
- Fat Tuesday Parade: 1 - 2 PM, Meet at lake overflow at 12:30 PM. Decorate those cars, carts, pets, and husbands and come on out! OK to just show up but we ask that groups or individuals planning carts or floats to please see Russ at Lot 47 or at Pickleball.
- Drag Queen contest: 2 - 2:30 PM, Meet at the Terrace at noon for a beer and to get dolled up. Join the parade and afterwards try to win the contest and a great prize at the West Pool.
- Mardi Pool Pardi: 2:30 - 5 PM, Featuring DJ Anthony. Food and drink specials at Cheeks starting at Noon.
- Mega-Drawings! Major prize plus many great door prizes drawn every half hour. 30 minute time limit to turn in the winning tickets. Tickets go on sale in early February, look for a kiosk near the Farmer’s Market.
Come on out for a great time both days!