Celebrate that classic Motown sound A Tribute To Stevie Wonder by Rick! Rick performed at a Music Monday earlier this year and has an amazing voice. He's a new talent that we are excited to add to our growing roster. This will be a Motown themed dance, and he will perform one set as Stevie Wonder. Make dinner reservations today to guarantee your table for this great show.
- Suicide Karaoke w/ DJ Xavier, Scuttlebutts, 7 PM
- RC Yacht Club Regatta, Lakefront, 9 AM
- Motown Dance w/ A Tribute To Stevie Wonder, Lakeside Restaurant, 7 PM
Enjoy our huge Mardi Gras Celebration, only at Cypress Cove!
This is one of our biggest parties of the year, and it's run entirely by members.
As in past years, we will have our Lamp-Post Decorating Contest on Monday, and the Mask-er-Ade Coronation Ball and Dinner that evening after Happy Hour on the deck.
Tuesday will bring Body-Painting, the Royal Mardi Gras Creole Breakfast, the Fat Tuesday Parade, the Drag Queen Contest and our Mardi Pool Pardi with Mega Drawings!
Time to start planning your float for the Fat Tuesday Parade!
On Monday, 2/27:
- Adopt-A-Lamp Post Contest: All clubs/activities and individuals are encouraged to pick a lamp post on the Parade Route and decorate it. Judging at 3 PM. For details see Bonnie at Lot 6, 4432 Blue Sky Lane.
- Happy Hour on the Deck: 5 - 6:30 PM at Lakeside
- Mask-r-Ade / Coronation Ball: 5:30 - 11 PM. Please Wear a mask! Please note change in dinner format! Dinner will have 3 seatings, 5:30, 6:00 and 6:30 PM. Choose from 4 entrees when you make your reservation: 8oz. Filet Mignon $22.00, Shrimp Creole $18.00, Chicken with honey bourbon glaze $16.00 or Vegetable Stir Fry New 'Orleans $14.00. Entrees include two sides: vegetables, potatoes, or rice. Coffee & Dessert selections included could be Bananas Foster Bread Pudding, Pecan Pie, or Peach Cobbler. Tip & tax are excluded. If desired, add $3.00 for Lobster Bisque or Gumbo as an appetizer. To facilitate the reservation process please provide names of all the guests at your table so that we do not duplicate reservations. Call Lakeside right away as it will fill quickly!
- Music by our favorite group, Taste of Love, 7 - 11 PM
- Coronation of our new King and Queen at 8 PM
On Fat Tuesday, 2/28:
- Royal Mardi Gras Creole Breakfast: 7:30 - 11 AM at Lakeside
- "Buddy" Body Painting: Grab a buddy and bring him/her to our Buddy Body Painting Contest, 10 AM to Noon near the Pickleball Court or Terrace if rainy. Winners to be announced at the Pool Pardi. Win a prize and show off that nice painted hide!
- Fat Tuesday Parade: 1 - 2 PM, Meet at lake overflow at 12:30 PM. Decorate those cars, carts, pets, and husbands and come on out! OK to just show up but we ask that groups or individuals planning carts or floats to please see Russ at Lot 47 or at Pickleball.
- Drag Queen contest: 2 - 2:30 PM, Meet at the Terrace at noon for a beer and to get dolled up. Join the parade and afterwards try to win the contest and a great prize at the West Pool.
- Mardi Pool Pardi: 2:30 - 5 PM, Featuring DJ Anthony. Food and drink specials at Cheeks starting at Noon.
- Mega-Drawings! Major prize plus many great door prizes drawn every half hour. 30 minute time limit to turn in the winning tickets. Tickets go on sale in early February, look for a kiosk near the Farmer’s Market.
Come on out for a great time both days!
This weekend, we celebrate the spirit of NASCAR. But wasn't the race last weekend? Yes, yes it was. Unfortunately, we are so close to Daytona that most of our race fans actually go to the race. So we celebrate NASCAR the following weekend, when our race fans are more available.
- WSUN Radio Show & Dance w/ Big Dan, Lakeside Restaurant 6 PM
- Comedian Tom Drake, Lakeside Restaurant, 8 PM
- Golf Cart Drag Racing, Dahoon Street, 12 PM
- Golf Cart Games, Lakefront Lawn, 3 PM
- NASCAR Dance w/ DJ John, Lakeside Restaurant, 7 PM
This weekend features the Cove Players Spring Show on both Friday and Saturday nights. The Cove Players put on an amazing lip sync show with fabulous sets, music and choreography. They put a lot of work into these shows and they are always terrific. The shows usually sell out both nights. Make reservations today to hold your table.
This is also the Cypress Cove International Nudist Pickleball Open, a fun Spring tournament that lasts all weekend! For tournament information and online registration, check the tournament website.
- Pickleball Skills Carnival, Pickleball Courts, 2 PM
- Ukulele Demonstration, Terrace, 7 PM
- Cove Players Spring Show, Lakeside Restaurant, 8 PM
- Pickleball Tournament Men's & Ladies Doubles, Pickleball Courts, 9 AM
- Ukulele Class, Terrace, 10 AM
- Cove Players Spring Show, Lakeside Restaurant, 8 PM
- Pickleball Tournament Mixed Doubles, Pickleball Courts, 9 AM
Saint Patrick's Day is on the weekend this year! Enjoy delicious Irish food & drink specials. It's also our Annual Fishing Tournament, so don't forget your gear.
- Karaoke Party w/ Mr. Breeze, Scuttlebutts, 7 PM
- Annual Fishing Tournament, Lakefront, 9 AM
- St. Patrick's Dance w/ A Taste Of Love, Lakeside Restaurant, 7 PM
Dust off your costumes, this weekend we're celebrating Halloween II. Why would we celebrate Halloween in March? Because Halloween is just too much fun to do only once a year!
This event also features the Toolshed of Terror, our own haunted house. The Toolshed of Terror used to be a staple of Halloween at Cypress Cove. Now it's back and better than ever!
- Streak at Cheeks w/ DJ Melissa, Cheeks, 7 PM
- Toolshed of Terror, Maintenance Area, 8 PM
- Petanque Tournament, Petanque Courts, 9 AM
- Singles Meet-Up, Terrace, 10 AM
- Crafts & Cocktails, Scuttlebutts, 4 PM
- Halloween II Costume Party w/ DJ Xavier, Lakeside Restaurant, 7 PM
- Halloween II Costume Contest, Lakeside Restaurant, 7 PM